Crafting a perfect day is a great starting point on gaining deeper clarity on what kind of life we want to be living.
Oftentimes we can become stressed out because we feel like we’re not being where we want to be in life… or doing the things we dream of doing…
This sense of scarcity tend to pull us down and prevent us from growing… See, If we’re constantly thinking that we are not in the right place… and that we don’t have what it takes… how will we ever be able to fully engage in the challenges & opportunities that lay hidden in each moment?
What we need to do is a shift… A shift in our focus, from the things we can’t control to the things we can control 100%, our choices today.
Let me explain what I mean with that:
If we don’t really know what a perfect day would look like for us, and instead focus on the fact that we’re not where we want to be, we are thinking in a way that doesn’t serve us.
If we, on the other hand, craft our perfect day, and gain deeper clarity on what that looks like for us… we are then able to ask ourselves a powerful question:
How can I make today more like my perfect day?
Now you can gain a real sense of what your next steps can be… and this is the place where true success is to be found… Its all i your control and all of the sudden your dreams become very actionable. Now, you have the power to grow where you are.
This practice has helped me to take the seemingly mundane things in life and make them more meaningful & engaging. F.ex if I wish to become a better communicator, every person I meet becomes my greatest teacher & every moment of interaction, an opportunity to grow & learn.
Or if I’ve written down on my perfect day, that I wish to work as a doctor, then, begin with asking how people around you feel, caring for them and you’ll start to notice that it all starts with caring for others wellbeing.
What we earlier perceived as painful obstacles and problems, now magically turns into our biggest opportunities to become the person we want to be and do the kind of thing we wish to do.
What this looks like to me:
(I’ve been working on this for a long time & keep tweaking every now and then)
My Perfect Day
* I Wake up 4.00, with a sense of gratitude, I breathe deeply throughout the day
* I do a 60 min, focused workout
* I Meditate for 20 min to cultivate attention & awareness
* I take a 5 min cold shower
* I make a cup of coffee & sit down to journal for 20 min: Plan, vision, focus, gratitude.
* I work on my #1 project with 20 min intervals where I move my body (blog, book, mission)
* I study 60 min (ted talk, book, audio)
* I go for a walk in the forrest and breathe deeply
* I eat a nutritious, optimal lunch with exceptional supplements (Omega 3, D3 & Flora)
(before lunch I take 10 slow, deep breathes. During lunch I eat slow and mindful)
* I connect with family & friends, support their goals & dreams
* I prepare & do interviews with people I look up to
* I do another, somewhat lighter workout: swim, cardio, brisk walk
* I play an instrument – focus & deliberate practice
* I do some Yin Yoga to get grounded & focused
* I Journal and reflect upon the day, savour the good moments, see areas of improvement & plan the next day roughly.
So, i’s time to sit down and create your perfect day.
It really is a game changer.
Let me know where you’re struggling & where you’re succeeding.
Wish you all the best,